Pattern Correction: Chevron Stripes Hand Towels

Did i read somewhere that theres a pattern correction in the hand towel pattern in the MD Knitting book? The reference is to row 6.
Is this real, or did i dream it??

This is updated to be correct (25 June 19):

The errata for the first edition printing for the Chevron Stripes Hand Towel Pattern:
Row 6 (RS): Using B, k5, *k2tog, k2, kfb in next two sts, k3, SKP; rep from * to last 5 sts, k5

Nell

Yes, very helpful…thank you!

I just ripped out and am ready to start this again. The math is still not working for me. Is the* after the k5?

1 Like

See below, please.

1 Like

Nell,

I hate to bother you, but this pattern is not computing for me. I can’t even get into the Lounge to reply. I am just wondering if the cast on of 87 stitches is correct. The numbers don’t add up.I know I am missing something, but I don’t know what. I would appreciate any advice.

You are not the least bother, I see what the problem was and I have fixed and swatched and double checked the fix.

Row 6 (RS): Using B, k5, *k2tog, k2, kfb in next two sts, k3, SKP; rep from * to last 5 sts, k5

The asterisked repeat is now the necessary multiple of 11 to be repeated 7 times (77) with the 5 stitches at the beginning and the end of the row (10) which is the 87 stitches you have ready to go.
Again, I am sorry for the extra work on your part and applaud your determination and tenacity. : )

1 Like

Nell,

A million thanks for unmuddying the knitting waters. I am having knee replacement surgery on Friday and recuperating at a friend’s home with a first floor guest room. This was going to be my easy project, but the pattern had me baffled. Now I can pack my knitting knowing my math skills are still in tact.

1 Like

Wishing you the best!

I hope you are well into recovery by now and happily knitting your hand towels!

Thank you so much. I am actually getting my staples out today and am hopeful I will be able to drive myself to outpatient PT which starts Monday. I have been knitting my way through my Euroflax yarn stash. Perhaps I will need more.
Hope you are enjoying the summer months.

2 Likes