Team Blanket No. 5: For California Fire Victims

sure let me see what I can come up with.

I mailed in my square for Team 2 last week, so I’d love to dive into one for this Team next. What size needles are you using to get your gauge?

I’m happy to knit a square. Please send pattern. Any color requirements?

I would like to join and knit a square. Let me know what I need to do

Making progress on my first square!

9 Likes

It’s beautiful. I love the blue and grey. my first square is brown and blue. (might be the same blue that you are using for your contrast color)

@amvhayek @tsasanow - welcome to the team. We are working mostly in Cascade 220 (not superwash), However, I’m not a stickler for the year, as long as it is 100% wool. I will be mixing in some scraps from the stash pile for the contrast color so have fun!

Colors are to your liking. This is going to be a rainbow/patchwork/colorful blanket - just like the Bay Area.

I am working through my first square which will be the master. I’ll have gauge and/or finished size tomorrow.

if you need the pattern, email me at d2knits@gmail.com and I’ll send it to you.

let me know if you need anything else!

1 Like

I would like to join in if there is still room?

@Delyne @cclynn14 - please email me at d2knits@gmail.com and I will send you the pattern.

It’s great to have you! the more squares the better. We are well on our way to a second blanket.

Hi Kathy. I was unable to find the cascade that I thought I had ( my daughter moved all of my stuff last year and I am still looking for things) but I do have this valley yarns wool if you would like a couple of skeins. The two partial skeins in the bottom are cascade 220 but I am not sure how much is in them. image1.jpeg

Martha

2 Likes

How about the brownish lump on lower left and either the light grey or tealish color on the top row? You’re so lovely to search and share!
I’ll email you my physical address. :hugs:

Do you want just one square per person, or more if we can manage it?

I say the more the merrier. However, if you want to share your squares between other blanket teams, I completely understand.

I finished the test/master square last night. Unblocked measurements are 11.25 X 11.35 on size 7 needles (I am a loose knitter) It’s in the bath right now so I will post final measurements soon.

If you could all shoot for 11.25 square, it will be make it easier to finish. Just try to be close - I will work with what you send.

7 Likes

I would be happy to knit some mitred squares. Count me in. I have the right yarn, the needles, and the pattern. I’ll start knitting today.

I would love to help - is there a color scheme? And could you remind me where to find the instructions/gauge etc. and time frame -
Best -
Mary
marycsloane@gmail.com

Hey Deb! I’d love to knit a square or two. Also may be able to help you sew them all up.

Can you send me the pattern?

1 Like

Julie! Thank you. I will take you up on your offer to help stitch it up. We are well on our way to multiple blankets.

@weavinfool email me at d2knits@gmail.com and I’ll send the pattern