Temperature Project Sharing and Caring

Gorgeous! And I’m so curious about the strip of red in the blues…heat wave? That’s what is so fun about these projects.

2 Likes

Here’s my plan for my 2023 Temperature Blanket (have another underway for my brother that will be finished in April).

• Temp Data: Week Average High & Low temps (data source: https://enviroweather.msu.edu/weathermodels/weathersummary). I’m using Berrien Springs, MI data which is about 20 miles from our weekend home in Sawyer, MI.
  • Pattern: Color Explosion Throw - marling the Hi/Lo temps. 52 weeks/year divides nicely into 4 strips of 13 sections each. To compensate for few we sections per strip, I added a repeat so my strips will be wider.
  • Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed - using the MDK I-Cushion Kit in Brights. I just LOVE this color palette and the names of the colors slay me:
Color name
ancient
treacle
barn red
bilberry
heliotrope
vaseline
lime
laurel leaf
avocado
sulfer
french mustard
mineral
peach
tawny

As I’m using weekly averages, there’s a distinct possibility of having several sections with the same colors adjacent to each other. I spent a lot of time dithering about this and in the end decided to just lean into it. This will be my Sunday morning knitting. I’m really looking forward to this.

10 Likes

I was on vacation in the Bahamas! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That red stripe was my last summer day in Virginia before I traveled to the Northeast.
Also, there’s a black strip that shows me at 2 pm, way up in the clouds, flying to Atlanta.
: )

5 Likes

Final. :heart:

13 Likes

Jan, here is mine with a 3 row garter edge (2 sides done). Starting another temp project for this year, entirely different.
It’s been fun, hasn’t it.

16 Likes

I did the squares. It was easy to do 2-3 over a 2 hour NetFlix night. I made easy square separately and attached them consecutively with stitch markers and stitched today one a week. I still had time for other projects.
Working on Nell’s temperature sweater for this year and it should be less time consuming and she has a clever ends treatment.

2 Likes

Thanks! I am going to do a sample square today.

My ravelry account -LucyFlemingKpt has my notes.

1 Like

Thanks! I just finished a sample square. This is my first attempt at log cabin. Took a minute to realize I needed to knit 9 ridges and not 9 rows. Since each edge is the same color, did you leave the yarn attached when picking up the next edge? I did - made a bit of a bump. Pretty sure I didn’t pick up all the stitches uniformly as the wrong side isn’t as neat as I would like. Turned out pretty nice though and didn’t take that long.

4 Likes

You will have lots to practice on. Yes the yarn stays attached. When you finish the inside square cast off all but the last stitch. You will knit it together with the adjoining first stitch of the border.
Inside the MDK vault of letters there are some great tips for log cabin knitting. Look under Fussy Cuts blanket too.

4 Likes

I am doing this style for 2023, starting tonight. Thanks Lucy for your notes on Rav. Planning to miter the center and join the squares as we go. We shall see :blush::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for you IG postings. You were my inspiration. Here is my finished blanket. Just mailed it to my Mom today.

19 Likes

Good luck cdw522! I am happy to be finished and very pleased with the project.

2 Likes

That is just beautiful. Congratulations for a beautiful blanket that will always be treasured. :heart::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I can’t imagine letting go of it!

Me neither so I think she needs to make another one.

Snicker snicker

I’ll go run and hide now.

Susan in SE MI who hasn’t started her 2023 blanket just yet.

There’s time.

Susan K Schutz
Happy member of the Susan Sisterhood

Michigan
Ravelry ID: MiYarnStalker
Flickr

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
Harvey Fierstein

1 Like

I mailed my Mom’s blanket today and when I got home a copy of Nancy Bates “Knit the National Parks” had arrived on my front porch! Next large project is to make a blanket using the designs Nancy has in the book. No deadline. My husband and I have been to 18 of them so far. I’ll start with those. Thanks for the kind comments.

6 Likes

I finished mine last night and washed it - after a year of being dragged around it needed it. I’ve enjoyed doing this project with you, your mom will be so happy.

17 Likes

So beautiful Lucy!