Temperature Project Sharing and Caring

Essex County, New Jersey so far this year.

8 Likes

Swatch is currently drying. Then settling on color order for my temp sweater.

7 Likes

Dots temperature blanket underway. This one is for Charlotte, NC, where my daughter lives. Here’s through February, once set of circles every 9 days.

16 Likes

Hurray! I’m so glad you’re here!

1 Like

Thanks! I had to get the yarn settled first. Traveling for a few days then will start and try to catch up

Thank you so much! I think you saved me from sure disaster :slight_smile:

After ordering yarn and then realizing it probably wasn’t the best choice, I bit the bullet and ordered the Rowan this morning.

I’m dying to get my throw planned, and was hoping someone could tell me which colors these blues are? Kay was kind enough to send me the sheet with the photos and names, but I’m having a hard time assigning these to which are in the kit.

I think it’s Seafarer, Seasalter, No Idea, Ciel and Fjord? Or am I waaay off?

Much appreciated!
Mo

Do you have the ball bands? I would not want to guess because screens can be so wonky with colors.

1 Like

Such luscious colors. I’d just buy them all! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome! The temperature projects are very addictive. You’ll have so much fun!

1 Like

I believe the three on the right are Maritime, Ciel, and Scree. (I spent a lot of time with those colors on last year’s blanket.)

2 Likes

Thank you so much…that helps!

1 Like

I haven’t received them yet…just trying to get my colors planned…a severe case of TOO EXCITED! Thank you though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well…I might have done that. :heartpulse:

When I started knitting a month or so ago I kept seeing all these people talking about their massive yarn stashes and I smugly thought, “I won’t let it get out of control.” Well guess what happened? WYKYK

4 Likes

I told myself I wasn’t going to do it this year. Then I saw Nell’s temperature sweater and could not resist! I’m doing purples and pinks, because why not try some new colors of Felted Tweed? This is through Feb 9:

8 Likes

That looks like (L to R) seafarer, seasalter, delft, ciel, and skree. Don’t quote me on them but I think it’s a pretty good guess.

2 Likes

Thank you! I am putting your chart to good use :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, that middle one is not fjord. I think Holly is right. It’s probably maritime.

3 Likes

I’m doing the Temperature Blanket this year because I wasn’t ready to do it last year.
I’m using last year’s chart and Rowans Felted Tweed, my all time favorite yarn. We have a place in Eastern Washington where we spend most of our summer, and I am doing the high daily temperatures for there instead of here in the Puget Sound area. I figure that I’ll get to use a greater variety of colors. I’m loving Spitting and Splicing!

8 Likes

Temp sweater set up. My new Joji &co patchwork tote holding 15 full skeins of yarn, the pattern and my “template sweater”. Really want to finish my current WIP first, but I will probably make my color card and cast on this weekend.

9 Likes