Temperature Project Sharing and Caring

I’m leery of using that on superwash yarn…I just feel insecure about how secure the splice is. But I’m not experienced at all, so I’m interested in knowing how it works with superwash.

1 Like

I’m not using superwash because the color selection was more limited, but that sounds like an “ask Patty” question to me.

1 Like

I’m using an acrylic because it’s more affordable since I’m knitting multiple years.

1 Like

Spit splice only works with animal based fibers.

I completely understand using something more affordable - knitting is not a money saving hobby. I’ve explained to my husband that I don’t knit to get a sweater (it’s cheaper and quicker to buy), it’s just happens to be the outcome of my hobby.

3 Likes

I try to buy all of my wools, linens and silks when they’re on sale and I do stalk my favorite eBay sellers. :wink: The only issue my husband has with my yarn purchases is when I don’t send an extra payment to my charge card.

Since my Temperature project is actually a linen-stitch banner that I’m going to hang on the wall with the years side by side to show the changes each year the Scheepjes Colour Crafter is perfect. They have some great colors and Jimmy Beans is a great place to make my purchases. They give me those rewards each time so they keep me coming back. LOL

Susan K Schutz
Happy member of the Susan Sisterhood

Michigan
Ravelry ID: MiYarnStalker
Flickr

My Lomo Home

Your project sounds amazing. I love linen, I will have to check that out. Thank you

Edit: amazing color range.

I never thought of a temperature sweater - what a great idea!

2 Likes

Stuck at April 17 until I get more yarn. This is taking a lot more than I thought.

4 Likes

I love the colors you picked ! One day I will attempt to make one . So many things to knit!

3 Likes

2023 Temperature Blanket update. January-March, each section represents the weekly average high & low for Berrien Springs, Michigan. We had an unusually temperate winter this year. I’m into the 3rd ball of Vaseline, which is 39-44 degrees on my scale.

10 Likes

It looks great! I’m happy to see another Color Explosion temperature project. :blush:

3 Likes

I like that!
I’m in SE Michigan in St. Clair County and am caught up through the end of April. Somewhere I have photos.

At the same time I’m knitting one for 2004 which is the year we built our home.

Susan K Schutz

3 Likes

I was, too - until I decided I would change colors for that temperature range. It looks maybe even better. I knew if I got too far behind it might not get finished.

3 Likes

My sweater is ready for the front neck shaping!

The first picture is the back, pinned and held to mimic the slope of the decreases.

The second is the actual front, ready to shape.

9 Likes

Darn, we have to wait months to see your finished project. EmojiIt’s going to be awesome!

I had an ‘accident’ with my 2023 Tempestry panel spreadsheet. Somehow, Google Workspace says I permanently deleted the Sheet. Not sure how that happened but, luckily, I can move forward by using the Temperature Blanket sight that goes way back in time. I was using Time and Date which only goes back one day at a time. I do see that the two sites seem to have different numbers as the averages for my zip code. So, May might be the only one that’s not from the Time and Date site or I’ll just keep going with the original site.

Oh, the Troubles of a Knitter.

Susan K Schutz

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
Harvey Fierstein

3 Likes

Two Temperature Sweaters in progress - mostly same location although Becky records temperature where she travels and I do only our local temp.

11 Likes

First 6 months of the year. Jan - March up top. April - June on bottom.

11 Likes

That’s going to be one amazing sweater when you’re done! I bet when you wear it next year you’ll get questions that will be fun to answer.

I’m behind on my projects. No worries. Since I’m knitting linen-stitch banner-type strips I can knit three months worth in a day. Weaving in the ends takes longer. From the way my spreadsheets came out for April and May there won’t be many. We seemed to have been stuck in long periods of the same temperatures. June is mostly yellow and orange. May is mainly pink and lavender. April was still sorta all over the place with greens, blues and some purple.

Susan K Schutz

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
Harvey Fierstein

3 Likes

My cat Pillsbury is helping me with my temperature blanket - she is acting as a gravity backup, making sure my knitting doesn’t float away. She started her training in the field with laundry. She is a pro.

12 Likes

Your cat is so cute! I love the colors you are using in your blanket - it looks very cozy.

3 Likes