The Great Botanica Knitalong

LOVE IT! And such beautiful colors too!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Panel 1 Finished!
Panel 1a

13 Likes

Go, Deb! You won’t believe how your fingers fly as you knit them up.

1 Like

I’m done with the knittin’ and blockin’! (Like Kay sez … blocking is the closest thing we have to a magic wand.) Just 3,000,000 stitches to pick up and knit for the border. I don’t have enough remaining of any one color, so I’m doing blocks of color for the border.

14 Likes

both pieces are gorgeous!

3 Likes

I agree. I thought 6 would make too small a throw so I’m doing 12 (4 wide x 3 high). I’m already on Panel 8! I will also do the blocks of color for the border - I don’t want to buy more yarn and will probably have enough from leftovers.

Your throw looks great! I have been blocking as I finish each one but won’t put them together until all are finished.

2 Likes

Love you colors. I know it’s Atlas, can you give me color names.

3 Likes

Thank you!, the shades are Mouse, with Natural and Tutu.

2 Likes

Just what I was thinking while reading through the posts. I’m thinking of doing the throw and I love the steak idea but will Atlas felt ok???

2 Likes

I don’t see why Atlas wouldn’t felt; it’s 100% wool and not superwash. Testing a swatch would be wise though!

3 Likes

Finished my throw. I love it but would definitely not do the color work on the purl side again. I would either steek or try the backwards knitting.

9 Likes

That is so beautiful - every time I see a photo I want to make one. But definitely no color work on the purl side for me. I’ve done a fair bit of knitting backwards but even that might be too confusing for me, so I’m going with steeks. I guess each panel “tube” would be kind of narrow, but I would probably use magic loop so that should be ok. Thanks for posting your photo!

3 Likes

Washed and now blocking my 6 cottage throw panels. All somewhat different sizes but hope the blocking adjusts them. I got used to colorwork on the wrong side, knit in my ends as I went along, had to cut off all my long cast ion ends when I washed it so will be using fresh yarn when I seam. Like most people I had to order extra yarn - i think my floats were perhaps too long but in the long run - i think it was worth it as my panels are not quite as wide as specified and definitely longer. I’m going with 11” by 22” panels when blocking.
Now comes the hard part - putting it all together!

6 Likes

Absolutely beautiful !

1 Like

impressive and beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks bjosephs12 and cmcymp! Hopefully I won’t mess it up in the seaming….