The official Field Guide 21: Brioche Knitalong

May I also suggest watching multiple videos from other sources. The MDK video tutorial is awesome but before theirs I watched many others and think it helped me by having the variety. You may pick up different tips from other perspectives. I think I’m finally on track and looking forward to more rows.

5 Likes

:kissing_smiling_eyes:I finally got the gist of this brioche and have made good progress on the cowl but won’t finish by June 30, the last day of the knitalong. It’s been fun and thanks to everyone in the Lounge and on the video for all the help!

8 Likes

Skip the pictures of the dogs! My error!

2 Likes

I have found that Anns tip about not stopping at the end of a round to be very helpful. I am so conditioned to finish a row that it was hard to stop elsewhere, but it really made a difference!

3 Likes

Skip? Labs = best photo!

3 Likes

Home stretch now…so thankful for the encouragement to try something new. Unicorn dreams courtesy of Atlas in Skyline and Whisper.

12 Likes

Haha! This is a great story. I transport dogs for Muttville, a senior dog rescue. I had driven one lab to meet her adopter and her lab to see if it was a match and it was!

2 Likes

Everyone seems to have started with the cowl. I am starting with the scarf with the Freia ball set.
Does this look right? I think I’m doing it correctly but I’ve never tried brioche stitch before either. Thanks.

5 Likes

I can do brioche! :grinning: :heart: Best project in a long time! I feel like I learned so much. The perfect size, too. The repeating of the stitches helped cement it in my ahead, eventually, and create my own mantra to remember them. Thank you for the perfect pattern, video instructions and encouragement!!!

10 Likes

Love your yarn choices

Love your colors😍

I will finish the cowl this weekend. I should be finished by now, but ended up thinking I did great picking up a drop, only to really make it flop. So I started over. Counted cast on to odd stiches. Worked about an inch and a half to discover something wasn’t right. Did that again, twice, before I realized I needed an even cast on! Now it’s going steady and fast. I’ve learned basic brioche and love it! I’ve learned I can finally a wearable project in 2 weeks! Wow! Looking forward to next project from this field guide. I’ll post final picture soon.

2 Likes

Your advice is very helpful, as I put my project in timeout yesterday. Tomorrow I’ll start over and use your suggestions, thank you!

1 Like

That yarn is so pretty together!

Always need pictures of dogs- they are adorable!

I’ve enjoyed this challenge. I did a deep stash dive for yarn as close to the pattern recommend as I didn’t think Atlas would arrive in UK in time. A mistake was made but I sort of rectified it - no holes and its at the back. Most importantly, I can now Brioche :slightly_smiling_face: and Babs approves

9 Likes

I am finished and am loving it! So squishy and can hardly wait to be able to wear it this winter!! Thank you for hosting this knitalong to give me the motivation. My first all brioche project.

7 Likes

Really enjoyed learning brioche with this project. I love how it turned out and I’m looking forward to finishing it this week.

7 Likes

Finished and happy - the colors are Atlas Pear and Seaglass. This might be a Christmas gift, or it might be mine (since that’s my coat, and. . .) Would model, but it’s 95 degrees out.

18 Likes

Love this color combination!

2 Likes