The official Field Guide 21: Brioche Knitalong

Coming late to the brioche party! Thank you for the video, which was VERY helpful. How do we block this beautiful thing?

13 Likes

I finished! Thank you for the challenge. I used Patons classic wool superwash in mallard teal and aran. I’m going to redo the bind off, it isn’t as stretchy as the cast on. Any suggestions to improve the bind off? Also, why is mine angled and not straight up and down?

4 Likes

I vote you keep, keep, keep! Looks fantastic with your coat. And if you start Christmas knitting this early, you may miss some of the usual December panic.

2 Likes

So pretty.

2 Likes

I treated it like ribbing - a good soak, and then patted it into shape (and close to the measurements specified)

4 Likes

I also had more stretch in my cast on, than my bind off. I chose not to re-do mine, because there was enough stretch for the cowl to function. But next time, I might try binding off with a bigger needle - and am curious about other suggestions

3 Likes

DO NOT enjoy Cherry Creek Arts Festival (in Denver, CO )Margaritas and brioche when returning home! Design element…or live and learn…still loving the cushiest cowl but the mistakes are driving me a tidge batty!!

10 Likes

This is the cushiest thing I’ve ever knitted! I’m almost looking forward to cold weather so I can get tons of wear out of it

9 Likes

Can you share these colors and yarn? Saw this on MDK this morning on the header. What a winner!!!

3 Likes

Not sure where you are, but that would look great at a Mississippi State football game!

I think that there should be a prize for the ‘most re-starts, and still they carried on’. I’d be in the running for sure with at least six (so far). Using Atlas’ Peat and Tutu.

6 Likes

Love the cushy cowl in Atlas!!!
My colorway is similar to others; I did Italian two color cast-on but in the future think the finished edge of a stretchy I-chord (where there is a YO in the mix) would be preferred - especially for the reversibility factor😍

5 Likes

I finished my Cocoon Top! I would have used Atlas, but I had this La Bien Aimee Corrie Confetti just waiting for the perfect project, and this was it!

I just love it and can’t wait until cooler weather to wear it.

21 Likes

Oh, I have those colors in my stash! Looks beautiful!

2 Likes

Beautiful colors!

1 Like

I think I’m going to start over. Watched the video and am now not positive I did the broken rib brioche properly (?). Plus, my gauge is off: Gauge is supposed to be 18 st and 36 rows but I have 20 st & 24 rows (or 48? I can’t see the rows to count them! Is every row counted as 2?) (on Addi Lace size 5)? I am usually a very loose knitter, so I went down a size needle but don’t like the fabric, as it looks too open. I think I’ll try Jillian Moreno’s latest trick of switching to bamboo needles. I kept blaming the Freia yarn but think now that it is me knitting too loosely on Turbos.

2 Likes

This may help, each loop of the BRK is equal to 2 rounds.
I knit mine with wooden US4…

2 Likes

Love this cushiest cowl pattern. Making this one in colors for daughter-in-law’s school (UTexas @Austin):smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thanks nellknits…that helps!

2 Likes

Just love this pattern - think this is going to be my pattern to do for gifts for next Christmas!!!

2 Likes