Toe-up knee sock cuff

These socks have went fun and really did fly off the needles

I’m at the first cuff, after the top of calf shaping

Instructions say “work to end” for rows 1-4
That means knit the knits and purl the purls. Which results in ribbing on the back of the leg but not the front. Pictures seem to show k2p2 running all around.

Then two Rows of k1tbl p1 ribbing. Which I don’t think I see in the photos.

I know I’m the boss of my own knitting and I can do k2p2 all around for 4-6 rows and can make the last two twisted knits or go
Down to k1 tbl p1

I’m wondering if I’m looking at the pictures in the field guide incorrectly

I’m also wondering if there are functional reasons to end the cuff with the twisted knit 1 x 1 ribbing when the rest is 2 x 2 ribbing. I’ve never been a big fan of the discontinuities when 1 x 1 transitions to 2 x 2. Or at least I’ve never figured out a smooth way to do it.

1 Like

I haven’t knit these, or seen them except in photos, but I see that the “work to end” will stack the established but inconsistent rib columns.
The photo on page 33 shows a little of the end of the decreasing and 4 rounds of what is 2x2 rib around the back, and then a short band of the k1tbl, p1 rib at the end.
I agree that you are the boss of your own knitting (hooray!) and that you can finish the socks as you desire - I am certain that the 1x1 rib is begun for continuity of pattern and a firm ending to help keep your socks up.