Turnstile Wrap Knitalong

Anita, love the color and NICE JOB!! I am trying to commit to doing 8 rows per day - still on the first 20 rows (about to finish #18 though!)…. U inspire me!!

2 Likes

I have a few questions!
Did your work measure 18" because of the pattern repeat?
And did you work the number of repeats as per the pattern?

If yes to both, I’m pretty confident to say that your shoulder will be fine as written, if no to the second question, what is your row gauge?

1 Like

Nell, thank you so much for replying! No I did not make gauge. I gave up after I went down to a size 4 needle as I did not want to go smaller.
My gauge was about 18 stitches and 30 rows

I had 17 full eyelet pattern repeats to get to 18”.

I am working on left shoulder now. I will have 8.5” if I stop at the 4th row of the last FUL pattern repeat. (Thus, not completing the last 4 rows of the full repeat and then the final rows 1-4. Altogether 9 rows short to get the 8.5”).

Since I went a bit over on the left front, I wondered if I should also go over on the shoulder?

Clear as mud, huh?!:hugs:

2 Likes

As long as your shoulder ends with row 4 the pattern will line up - no matter how many repeats you need to get there.
With this design, more is better for the armhole opening, regarding the length of the shoulder. Keep in mind that your angles will be slightly deeper with your row gauge…

2 Likes

OK. Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes I can wear it easily over either a dress shirt or tshirt

3 Likes

I definitely enjoy knitting more than the finishing. My wrap has been off the needles for three weeks just waiting for me to finish it. Decided a rainy Monday was the perfect time to get the job done. I’m very happy with the end result.

I found the tutorial for sewing the shoulder seams helpful. I enjoyed this knit along project and am looking forward to the next one.

11 Likes

Really enjoying this project, both the yarn which is sumptuous and the pattern which is the best mix of soothing and interesting :grinning:

8 Likes

What a beautiful wrap. It is lovely.

3 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

Loved knitting this. Didn’t have to time to weave in the ends before I left on vacation but it’ll happen soon. Can’t wait to wear this.

10 Likes

Hooray! I love that stitch pattern.

1 Like

I like the stitch pattern, too. It’s going to be a great wrap.

1 Like

I have finished the wrap and love it!

I found a fun one armed way to wear it.

8 Likes

It’s beautiful. You will enjoy it. And such a pretty color.

2 Likes

What a lovely picture. Congratulations,

2 Likes

I like the one armed way to wear it. I just showed my wrap to my sister today. She put in an order so it looks like I’ll be knitting a second one.

3 Likes

I love that color! It is very rich looking.

PRIZE TIME: We tip our hats to three intrepid KALers who will each receive their very own yarn kit for the Penrose Tote and Spark Cuff: Sarah Zelhart, Anita_Bolen and beckieduff! Congratulations to you! Please email cristina@moderndailyknitting.com with your mailing addresses. Thanks to all who are making the Turnstile Wrap!

4 Likes

Congratulations all! @GoodWitchoftheKnit i think a bag to match your wrap would be lovely!,

2 Likes