Bang Out a Sweater 2024: Crowberry Sweater

I love your colors! And smart to use a softer yarn for the edgings.

3 Likes

I love the “bumper crop” lol. :joy:

1 Like

Here’s my Crowberry, waiting to be blocked. There were no berries this year….another time.
I did add two rows to the length, and two rows at the cuff for a purple berry cast off.

17 Likes

I blocked it down a bit and is much better. Wet blocked.

22 Likes

Really happy with the result!

19 Likes

This class has made me brave. I’m tackling this new one a using the vest method instead of sleeves and doing the ribbing in the twisted form.

16 Likes

Loved this project and Lorilee’s class!

23 Likes

I had a wonderful time knitting this sweater and also loved the class. I am mostly happy with the result (with bobbles!) but its a little too long and the short-rows towards the hemline flare out in an almost winglike way. I am thinking of reknitting from about two inches from the bottom and making fewer short rows. Is this the right way to go about it? is this even possible for a sweater that was knit from the bottom up? Suggestions welcome!

12 Likes

Yay! Finished my Crowberry last night and blocked it. I love this sweater! This was a really fun experience :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Wearing No-berry today. Scrappy striped FTW! So happy with this; think I will stripe again come fall!

13 Likes

Done! Used Lopi from stash, omitted bobbles but added lighter blue for bobble stitches, not visible in pic. Made for daughter who will enjoy the crop. Neckline and sleeve/shoulder ribbing were surprisingly well balanced and easy, used stretchy bind off for both. Soaked, pinned to block and any lower ribbing flip disappeared.

12 Likes

Oh don’t give up or scrap it. I know it can be frustrating especially for your first. Knitting has taught me great patience over the years. Keep going. If the gauge was good to start just keep going and decide to love it no matter what!

5 Likes

Dinah23,
Thanks so much for your inspiring message. That’s how I’ve decided to proceed - I’m up to the armholes in my first sweater and I love knitting it - so how great is that! So if it’s a bit too big, then I’ll wear it over other things and then make another one! Cheryl

4 Likes

You could undo from 2" above the short rows, and work down, ending with the ribbing.

1 Like

Thanks! Do you suggest adding a few short rows but perhaps not as many? i do like the shorter front/longer back.

1 Like

You could certainly omit a set of short rows to shorten the difference between the back and front hem.

2 Likes

I bet you feel great using up starch!

2 Likes

Wow, Dinah this looks great! I love the soft colors.

1 Like

Made it to the sleeves! Neck is the correct size for size two but neck seems tight. Am trying to wet block the neck out. May need to bind off again.

7 Likes

• I just want to emphasize WHAT a difference blocking makes to a finished project. This tee went from too cropped for me to just the right length, a whole 3 inches longer with fierce blocking. And it has a swingy drape that was definitely absent pre-block.
I might have a chance to take photos a bit later even though I haven’t finished bobbling on the back :shushing_face:

Yarns: Istex Plötlopi unspun Icelandic wool, Love Story’s Icelandic lambswool

MC: Winter Blue Heather + Hot Spring Blue
CC Yoke: Faded Denim Heather + Natural White
CC Branches: Light Forest Heather + Westfjord Green
Bobbles: Estonian Kauni Sadama 5, Berry

11 Likes