Bang Out a Sweater 2024: Crowberry Sweater

Good to go!

11 Likes

Wow, I love that combo for your MC, Holly!

3 Likes

Welcome, it is a whole LOT of fun!

1 Like

That is going to be a very cheery sweater! I recognize that bag, too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This will be my first Bang Out a Sweater. I am also looking forward to Lorilee Beltman’s tips. I am making the vest as shown in the field guide for my daughter. I even had the yarn shipped to my Airbnb vacation spot so I can join right in on March 1! (DG was great in answering my shipping question so very quickly. )

5 Likes

Gorgeous colors. Makes me want to make another one with those colors.

4 Likes

I’m in for the vest. Ordered Lettlopi Ocean for the body with ash and milky blue for the neckline. Nice transitional vest to wear with jeans.
I tried a variegated mohair on the swatch and decided to punt the mohair and go with a no haze look.

6 Likes

Even though you’ve decided against the mohair, that’s an interesting idea that I’m going to steal from you. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m using a pale grey for one of my yoke colors and I have a laceweight suri alpaca in white leftover from another project. Might be fun to swatch with those together and see how it looks. I’m hoping my lettlopi gets here today. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

This is my first Bang Out a Sweater - I’m so excited to take part! I am using Lettlopi - Lapis for the main color, and not sure yet about the yoke. I ordered Glacier, Garnet, Mimosa, and Black. Originally I thought about using Glacier as the background and either or Mimosa or Garnet for the leaves. But now I don’t know. Fortunately I have time to think about it!

And many thanks to MDK for teleporting my yarn to me!

11 Likes

![IMG_9030|375x500](

upload://jkpJUIBk4q9BguV7DaTNDz1o0yQ.jpeg)
Excited for this KAL. I did the Stopovee in Lopo and it’s a favorite so here goes.
Planning to use Lapis blue for the body. Pine green for the yoke and glacier blue for the leaves. Lagoon blue is an alternate option for the yoke. Need to swatch.

9 Likes

Swatched with the Alafosslopi I brought back from Iceland last September where a fabulous group of us enjoyed Helene’s company for a week.
Will do the vest using 6 and 6.5mm. Love all Icelandic yarns!

6 Likes

I started the vest on February 16 and just reached the color work last night. Love how fast the Lopi yarn knits up! Making it with the same yarns as in the Field Guide. Plan to take to Iceland in August!

15 Likes

Gauge on 101/2 15 stitches/22 rows, so I’ll have to watch my row gauge.
I’m making the vest, with gray the main color and plum and white for the colorwork. I selected Love Story in dark gray and ash.
Cast on for size 4 and I’m off.

3 Likes

Helloooo! I’m on my way to banging out a sweater… vest actually. The German Short Rows were fun and I’m loving these wools together, the colors and different weights.
Main colors: Winter Blue Heather + Hot Spring Blue

6 Likes

Im doing it! I went stash diving for my Lopi and here is my color combo. I wanted it to be a bit softer so I got matching mohair. My gauge is 14 sts using 5.5mm. I wanted a size between the 4th and 5th size so knitting the 4th size with bigger gauge will be perfect.

14 Likes

Love these colors, they look almost tropical!

5 Likes

Thé bang-out has begun! I’ve been wanting to try Plotulopi for ages, and this is my chance.so far, so good.

7 Likes

Hi there I am answering on this as it was recent…just joined the lounge for the crowberry sweater group…not sure how/where to post a question…is there a tab? am I missing it? maybe I need a lounge tutorial if it exists?, many thanks

3 Likes

I’ve finally figured out my needle size but now I’ve hit a wall. The pattern calls for two 32" larger size needles but I can’t seem to find a reason for needing two in the pattern. Help!

P.S. I am fully aware that it is probably looking right at me but it has been a really long week.

2 Likes

Just post your question right here and you will get (probably many) answers!