day tripper cardigan

On the first repeat row of the day tripper. Do I knit one stitch, increase one left, knit three, increase one left and repeat this pattern to the end of the round?

I’m not sure how to read the chart where it says no stitches. Do I just do main color?

Is the stitch pattern in the steek stitches as well?

you just knit the next stitch! ignore the no stitches part and keep going in pattern. you can see that pattern goes from short repeats to long ones.

1 Like

The greyish blocks are PLACE SAVERS for future stitches that will be made on following rounds, only knit the color blocks. This throws a lot of knitters off.
The steeks have their own chart, work the steek chart, the yoke chart, then the steek chart again.

2 Likes

How do you do this “knit inside out”? I wish I had done that as my floats are a little tight. Thanks!

Basically you are going to knit in the inside of your knitting instead of the outside. That way the right side of your sweater is inside, and the wrong side of your knitting is on the outside of the circular needle.

I’m not sure I understand your question. There should be 6 stitches for the steek. There is a steek chart that is 3 stitches wide, you will knit that once at the beginning (first 3 stitches of steek) of the row, and again at the end of the row (stitches 4-6 of steek). The steek stitches are not included in the stitch count after the setup row but they remain as 6 stitches throughout.

1 Like

Do you have to purl instead of knit? I wouldn’t like that.

I’m holding my knitting with the inside out so that the stranding goes around the outer circumference while I knit. This can help to keep the floats from being too short.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this picture! It makes sense now. Linda

1 Like

No, you only knit

Starting to look like a sweater ! First timer!

8 Likes