Debut Pullover MDK FG 18 - Karida Collins

I have started the Debut Pullover. I had 10 colors of Koigu fingering I had traded for a donation to a dog shelter. I am combining it with fingering weight from Baahyarn in a beautiful golden hue on size 3 needles. Here are my 10 colors, a color swatch of six rows each and my magic loop two at a time sleeves. My plan is to have the sleeves match but not attempt matching the body. Between the donation for the ‘free’ yarn and the La Jolla Saffron Spice, this is my most expensive sweater to date. It will be fun working toward each color change. And, I’m working on a Granito pullover pattern I found on MDK last month. Not enough hours in the day!

13 Likes

Wow! That’s going to be epic. How are you handling the color changes? Are you going to alternate rows or just change them as they come. Can’t wait to this in progress.

3 Likes

So far I have not been alternating rows to change the strand of variegated yarn. My sleeves are close to done. This sweater, with my yarn substitution, is turning out a quite denser fabric than the original design, I believe. So I’m thinking of putting in steek stitches up the front and making it a zippered jacket. I’m glad I did the sleeves 2 at a time on magic loop. I’m not close to finishing, but keeping myself at only two sweaters in progress, (because I’m not counting the third). I did start another pair of the mitts from this field guide for my husband. They are such a portable project!

2 Likes

I think you picked THE perfect color to unify the Koigus. Very earthy and warm. I can see it’s going to be lovely.

3 Likes

I now want to make this again with Karida’s yarn. I like the variation in color in the sweater in the FG. Which other colors have that much variation?

1 Like

I’m at the MDK shop at Shakerag this weekend and took this picture:

Karida’s colors are all semisolid, but the most variable are the shade of the sample and the lavender/blue.

7 Likes

Thanks for the photo, her yarn looks gorgeous.

1 Like

Looking forward to making something special in the blue.

2 Likes

My first KAL with MDK, looking forward to this! I’m planning to knit the Debut pullover with Shakti DK that I bought last year from MDK. Sadly I still can’t leave any comments on Snippets :frowning:

3 Likes

I just gasped at the beauty of this yarn.

1 Like

It’s all just so beautiful! So. Beautiful.

I decided to use yarn in my stash, previously purchased at MDK; Shakti DK in color Cafe Ole. Looks wintry but still good, and soft!

4 Likes

Me, too, Lucy!

1 Like

I just jumped down the rabbit hole to meet you other knitters! I ordered the blue, Washington Circle. An early birthday gift for me, from my lad, Buddy (as he’s my dog, I shopped on his behalf, he said OK). That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

5 Likes

This is great! I think our dog needs to get me some yarn too!

1 Like

Like your color choice and changing the garment into a zippered up cardigan. Koigu is a favorite yarn of mine. Earlier of the yarn suggest changing the color like this; 5 rows of of one color, 1 row new color, 4 rows old color, 2 rows new color, 3 rows old color, 3 rows new color, etc. until you are knitting with new color. Also look at their old shawl patterns which give you ideas how to change colors. The changing of Koigu colors makes the yarn a favorite of mine for fades, color work,etc. become a color designer using Koigu!!!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the finished sweater! My brain just can’t quite form the picture.

2 Likes