If MDK Comments are Broken, Leave One Here

How about knitting when you should e working!

Up On The Roof by James Taylor.

My latest listening while doing is “Rigoletto” with Luciano Pavarotti and Joan Sutherland…a musical story in my ears!

I never appeared ABBA until I saw Mama Mia and Mama Mia II. Both such great movies to sing along with.

Always enjoy your column, DG Strong! My ear-Victrolas have been playing “Salt to the Sea” by Ruta Sepetys. It is historical fiction that tells the story of 4 WWII refuges in the winter of 1945. More about it here.

Ooops! “Comments” were not broken. I just haven’t been scrolling down far enough to see them.

1 Like

ABBA. Mama Mia
Rodgers and Hammerstein I’m in love with a wonderful guy

My favorite is Carousel.
I remember Howard Keel singing “You’ll Never Walk Alone” for the March of Dimes promotion in the movie theater in the 1950s.

Just saw a performance of Rodgers and Hammerstein hits at our local summer theatre. It was the first time the vocalists performed in almost 18 months. They were thrilled and the audience rewarded them with lots of applause. The songs from Oklahoma have stuck with me for the past two weeks!

1 Like

I love the Sound of Music.

Hamilton! Gets stuck in my head and off I go SINGING it, much good my family’s dismay.

1 Like

I’m playing with the Broadway question! I was an 80’s theater kid, so the go to sing along musicals for me are Chess and Les Miserables. Ask my kids how many times they’ve said “Mom, don’t sing!” in the car. But then if I play Jesus Christ Superstar or Evita, they’ll sing too.

Comment for your drawing:
Muriel’s Wedding is one of my favorite Toni Collette movies. The soundtrack is all ABBA! I’ve watched it…we’ll never mind how many times…but those tunes stay in my head for days! Rogers & Hammerstein could learn a thing or two!

I was born in Oklahoma, and I love the the R&H title song. However many of their songs are wonderful. Years ago, we had a season of musical revivals at the SangerTheater here in new Orleans. The R&H musicals are timeless!

My comment ( I couldn’t figure out another way to enter my comment): I love the Rogers and Hammerstein songs about love, like “If I Loved You,” and “Something Wonderful.” I grew up listening to the albums of Carousel and The King and I. I can still sing most of the songs by heart.

My cb handle would be Mama Knitter

1 Like

My handle would be judyjudyjudy.

My CB handle was Blue Angel. This was from the 70’s when Smokey and the Bandit was a movie and Burt Reynolds was hot. I drove a 1976 Blue Monty Carlo that would run in excess of 160 mph….

1 Like

Once again, DG Strong nails it! I agree that there is no substitute for direct human communication! Thanks for the post to remind us to simply ask a question!
Eileen

My CB handle was ‘The 1 Carousel’ This was back in the 70’s - okay, but I think I’m still young!