Interchangeable Knitting Needles

I’m probably not the person to ask, but I do have Knitter’s Pride Dreamz and I love them. I’m actually weird because they are my only set of interchangeable needles. I do not like metal needles at all, so the wooden Dreamz are perfect for me. I have about seven 36” cables that I use to hold parts that I need to pick up later, such as sleeves. I also have the Dreamz DPNs which stand up to my tight knitting for socks much better than bamboo. I keep my key for tightening needles to cables on a Lego keychain have not lost it yet!

2 Likes

Tulip has a bamboo sock set as well.

1 Like

I have used interchangeable needles from Knit Picks and have had the wood become loose. They will replace them. My favorite sets are Lykke!

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for this information. I’m not going to get the Knitpicks lace metal set. I do love my bambooKnitpicks interchangeable and I do have to watch that they don’t get loose occasionally for larger projects, but now I have to decide which lace set will be best for me!

2 Likes

It’s me again with another question about interchangeable sets. I’m curious about Chiaogoo interchangeable red lace mini’s sizes 1-2.5 in 4 or 5” length. I was mistaken when I mentioned that the Knitpicks lace interchangeables were Nickle plated when in fact they are stainless steel. The Chiaogoos are also stainless steel. Wouldn’t they also be slippery? I believe that the Takumi clovers are the only small gauge needles that come in Bzmboo?

1 Like

I persuaded my husband to gift me the Tulip set here on MDK. I’m very happy with them - I tend to prefer bamboo to metal anyway, so that’s great. My first ever sweater is currently hanging out on the cables, and I’m about 2 inches away from binding off the body and getting a start on the sleeves (it’s a top-down pattern).

2 Likes