Return to MDK

Needle set you love

Does anyone have an interchangeable needle set they love? Thinking of taking the plunge…

I’m using Chiagoo and have three sets plus the minis.

I find that the minis are too difficult to work with since they’re too short. But other than that, I really like using them and they’re pretty inexpensive compared to other brands. I have wood and metal needles in the three sets I have of regular size needles. I only use the red cables and they are great.

2 Likes

I tried the red cables and liked them also! Thanks!

+1 for Chiaogoo! They are great.

I have the Lykke wood set and also an Addi set in Olive wood. I prefer the Lykke set – it starts with size 3 (Addi starts with size 4) and I find the connection very smooth. The Addi set seemed to catch my yarn – I rarely use them. I also have the Lykke DPN set in a nice little black case. I didn’t know what the heck I was doing when I started knitting so I have metal Addi’s in every size and cord length. I kept thinking, gee, knitting is an expensive hobby. I just didn’t know . . .

1 Like

The one I reach for most is the tulip with longer tips. I love the cables and the swivel. I have addi clics too but prefer their fixed circulars. Personally I did not enjoy the knit picks set, but some people love them.

1 Like

Many years ago, I was given an Addi interchangeable set and I wanted very much to love it, but I find that yarn catches on the joins… very disappointing. I also have a knit picks set which is okay… I may have to look at the Chiagoo set based on what folks are saying here…

1 Like

I’m looking for “short” IC needles in US size 10.5 & 11 to knit bulky hats. I have a set of shorts in size 4-10 and can’t find the larger sizes anywhere! Any advice much appreciated :wink:

1 Like