Knitting Barber cords

Anyone try these? Video makes you wonder why we don’t all have them. I just wonder if needle may slip out when pulling through.

5 Likes

I use spare interchangeable cords because I already have them - if I did not I might be tempted by the rainbow assortment and sweet little tins…

2 Likes

I guess I liked the idea of not having to twist on and off a needle but spare cords are a great option. I’ve been using waste yarn for sleeves since it is usually less than 60 stitches.

3 Likes

I have them they are great and my needle hasn’t slipped out! They work really well for trying on a top down sweater as you go as well.

4 Likes

Nice to know something that looks helpful, really works!

2 Likes

I have them too and love them! No problem getting stitches back on needles either.

3 Likes

Me too or spare fixed circs. But these are really cute c

2 Likes

I have those stitch holders from Clover, and they work well and have a needle on one end, but they don’t work for a lot of stitches. I’ve been using spare circular cables. That all works well enough, but I really like this set of Barber cords. Looks like a great gift for someone! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

I think I will get a set😁

2 Likes

I bought some and have used them with no problems with my needle coming off. I really enjoy using them! They are great!

1 Like

Thank you!

I definitely need these!

I bought these from The Knitting Barber in Finkand while I was in Germany this summer. Wow they sure make my knitting life easier. They are so easy to use and stay put on the tips of the needles. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Thank you! I will buy a set.

I’ve been really digging mine, too. The texture of them holds the stitches well, and having 2 lengths is nice (comes with 2 shorter and 1 longer cord). Just a note on colors - I got the bright yellow ones, as my LYS is selling them like hotcakes and only had a few colors available when I picked. They are great because there’s such a contrast between cord and stitches. If you prefer less contrast, you’ll want to pick a more subdued color.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing! I’ll be getting more bright colors in stock early next week! They should ship from Finland tomorrow!

2 Likes

That is a good idea.

Thanks for this, I didn’t know about them and decided to order a set too! I also got the yellow at your suggestion @deucedeuce, thanks. Amazing Threads has a good selection of colors. amazing-threads.com

2 Likes

I can’t wait to try a set.

Whoa! I also use my interchangeable cords for my needles … but those seem really awesome and without faffing about with taking needles on and off. I’m intrigued!!

1 Like