Looking for Ideas for Border Color

Hi all! I am making a log cabin blanket using Rowan Felted Tweed, with colors from Kaffe’s “dusty pallet”. This is my covid project every few days a new square. I am a slow knitter! I am attaching a picture of the completed squares. Am wondering what I should do for the border color, using a color from the palette. Any ideas?

6 Likes

I personally would either do the light blue or the grey. But depending on the colors you use in your decor, if they are warm tones like the room around that gorgeous layout, you might want to use the orange.

Maybe see which color is least used in the long outside edges?

I’m in awe of both the project and the colors. Each square has a pop to it that really looks great!

Those squares are beautiful! I think you have a way with color, your choices look fabulous. Maybe the darkest color for the border? I can’t tell if it’s dark gray, navy or black. I think it would make the colors pop a bit and would frame your squares nicely. That said, I really don’t think you could go wrong with any of the colors. Oh and I spy the cat!

1 Like

This is lovely!

How about 2 garter ridge’s of the gray and then maybe 4 or 5 of the darkest! And your work is lovely!

1 Like

Yes! I also envision a two-color border as well - it continues the visual of colors building upon each other.

1 Like

This is beautiful! You’ve perfectly used the pattern and the color palette to create a beautiful blanket.

Your colors are lovely. Have you decided who the blanket is for? How or where you see it being used? Any of the colors can change the mood or feeling of the blanket.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for all you suggestions and compliments. Lots of great ideas. I am on my last square so will have to decide soon!