Refreshalong: Arcade Cap Chat

Thank you! I’ve been wearing this hat every morning when it’s cool on my walks…I absolutely LOVE it!!!

5 Likes

I’ve gotten to the first arch. Really loving this Nua Sport yarn - so soft!

3 Likes

That’s my plan - to wear it on morning walks. Or any walk when I’m having a bad hair day. :laughing:

3 Likes

I just finished my cap. What a great project and yarn!!

5 Likes

Love the project bag!

1 Like

It’s beautiful. I’m hoping I will have enough yarn leftover from the trellis top to make the cap. How much yarn :yarn: did it take? Again you did a fantastic job. :heart:

Thanks. It took me one skein and a very small portion of a second skein. However, I tend to be a loose knitter and I chose the second size. I probably would have only needed one for the smallest size.

3 Likes

so confirming - the arches are just on one side right??

3 Likes

Where did you get your project bag?

Hi there! The bag is from Yarn Pop, which I fear my not be in business any longer. I’ve had it for a long time and love it, too. A quick internet search shows ‘no longer available’ at that shops that came up in the search.

Finished my cap in Nua Figment. Such a fun knit! Waiting for more Nua so I can re-start the Twinning Scarf. IMG_1393

4 Likes

I made size Medium and only used one skein…just a few yards left over.

2 Likes

I’ve only just begun with Unexpected Macaw …

2 Likes

Gorgeous hat - love the color!

1 Like

I made a large and it took a couple of yards of a second skein. My daughter will wear a small so I should have enough for a second with the remaining yarn.

2 Likes

Finished my hat - it’s a perfect fit as is, so I’m not going to block it, for fear it will grow too big. I made the third size, which used just a few yards of the second skein of Nua.

4 Likes

It’s a beautiful fit💖and this is THE way to block a hat!! Well done;)

1 Like

Thanks! It was a fun project. Nua Sport is a very nice yarn for hats.

1 Like

My yarn arrived ages ago but I had to finish another project (it was taking me way too long) before I would let myself start this hat.

It’s so beautiful that I decided that winding it and swatching wasn’t really starting the project. So I did a proper swatch. I’m bad about swatching, especially on something small like a hat. I just consider the hat a swatch and rip it out if I need to. But remember, in this case, I was not “starting” a project. I was just being responsible. Yeah, that’s it, I was being responsible.

The other project was finished last week (huzzah!) and I went on a hunt for my 16 inch size 4 circular needle and, lo and behold, I don’t have one. How did that happen? I quickly went online and ordered one along with a few other odds and ends that I needed and then I waited. The order was filled and shipped in a very reasonable amount of time and was supposed to arrive on Sunday. Imagine my surprise on Sunday, when before my very eyes, the delivery date changed to Wednesday. Which by the way was a longer wait from Sunday to Wednesday than the original waiting time.

This beautiful yarn biscuit and I have been compulsively tracking the package since.

IMG_6683

It spent way too long in The Bronx (which I can practically see from my house) and has finally been released to Yonkers this morning.

And so we wait. Me and Nua.

2 Likes

Done! Love working with the Nua - so soft and the color is great. Keeping this one for myself!

1 Like