Refreshalong: Trellis Top Talk

Yes Ann I did. This chat forum is so helpful. My first time too.

1 Like

Look at the bottom of the chart where it shows the 8-st rep, then follow those darkened lines up to row 7. The repeat “jogs” in, not including those first 3 K sts So you begin with the 1/1 LC and end with 2 K stitches. I would never have noticed this had you not mentioned splitting the 1/1 RC!

1 Like

I think you and @jstehl are both correct. If you are using markers for the first 6 rows, you do have to move them for row 7. It isn’t that the pattern is wrong, it is just that the start of the 8 stitch repeat moves, therefore so do the markers.

3 Likes

I’m just hoping I’m not doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.

The markers do not move. If you knit this row the way charted, the markers remain in the same place. You are correct: there is no mistake in the pattern, she simply changed the repeat on row 7.

Judy

I have a question regarding the Fractured Lattice Pattern. I did the CO, Purl row and the Set-Up Row where it says to K1 (edge st; keep in st st). I’m ready to begin Row 3 of FLP. The first stitch is K1. Is that the K1 from the set-up row, or do I need to K1 twice? I’ve already ripped out 3 times because my stitch count was off. The suggestions for markers was a huge help. Thanks!

2 Likes

K 1 for edge, then k1 for first stitch of 8 stitch repeat.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’m new to the chat forum and find it’s so helpful.

2 Likes

That’s right the st st beginning and end are worked separate from the pattern. I keep a marker for that as well. Helps me to remember that’s separate from the pattern repeat. :flushed:

1 Like

You’re right, the first marker does fall in the middle of the 1/1 RC. So you do have to shift the markers in this row.

2 Likes

I just got to row 7 and wondered about it splitting the markers. Glad to hear I’m not the only one who read the pattern this way!

2 Likes

How to I find the buttons for the Trellis Top?

Finished swatching. Pre wash gauge for stockinette went from 25 stitches to 22 after blocking. The pattern swatch gauge went from 30 to 28. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.

4 Likes

Looks terrific!

1 Like

I am a 36 bust and due to suggestions went up a size. (138st) as I am thinking I will wear a blouse under the vest. Now after doing the first 8 rows I am second guessing myself that it is going to be too large.
I met gauge at 22st over 4 inches. Though I must confess I didn’t wash my gauge swatch and I unraveled it. Have other people seen the same amount of change in gauge as cmflynn did after washing?
May need to redo gauge and wash before moving forward.

3 Likes

I need help, please. I’ve finished working rows 1-8 of the FLP twice. I’m on the Set-Up Row (RS). I’m making size 49 on the Knitted Measurements and CO 154 stitches.

I’m also attaching a picture.Trellis Top
The green markers are FLP over 16 stitches, and the smaller gold markers are every 8 stitches. The pattern calls for [k8, continue FLP as established over 16 stitches] 4 times. I did that, and I have 49 stitches remaining on the left needle. It seems I should have 24 + 1 stitch remaining. Can anyone figure out what I did wrong? Thanks so much!

3 Likes

I had posted this for my size which was a help. You have 154 stitches. It breaks down like this:

K1
Pattern 24 (8x3)
K8
Pattern 16 (8x2)
K8
Pattern 16 (8x2)
K8
Pattern 16 (8x2)
K8
Pattern 16 (8x2)
K8
Pattern 24 (8x3)
K1
= 154 stitches

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks so much, jstehl. I wasn’t sure how to make your post fit my 154 stitches. I’m going to go back and re-read it. This is a huge help!

1 Like

You are welcome. You might have just been missing one of the repeats. :grinning:

1 Like

One more question, after finishing the set-up row, the instructions say to work even until piece measures 22 ". What does “work even” mean?

1 Like