Team Blanket No. 6: For Pittsburgh

Hi,
I do not see these crosses as emblems of religion, but I think it’s possible that someone could.

I also like Ann’s thinking that if we eliminate the color change that’s 14 fewer ends to weave in on each square–to which I say a non-religious hallelujah!

Here’s a link to one of many versions of the Mitered Crosses Blanket over on Ravelry that omitted the color change. It’s beautiful, and there are many more like it.

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Bluereasons22/mitered-crosses-blanket-for-mercy-corps

The mod to the pattern is simple: when it says “change color”——DON’T DO THAT. Keep going until the miter is done, then pick up for the next miter. YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE TO CUT THE YARN AT THE END OF THE MITER.

Woohooooooo!

3 Likes

It’s even more than 8 because you don’t have to start in with a new main color for each new miter. ANN THIS IS AWESOME. By my count, that’s 14 ends saved. #savetheends

1 Like

Wow! A variegated blue center with a cream edge is an interesting thought…hmmmm

2 Likes

Here’s another non-cross beauty from Ravelry, and I do not even like pale pastels! https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jailou/mitered-crosses-blanket-for-mercy-corps-4

1 Like

Oooo😍 I like the pastels! I think it looks soft & cozy

Great solution. Thanks all!

I don’t need another project but I need to contribute to a little more caring and a little less ugly so count me in for a square (or 2 maybe). Thanks Terri for taking it on.

4 Likes

You lost me with the not starting a new main color for each quadrant. Are we joining along the sides of our miter instead of the cast on edge? Or something else? I’ve made a couple of dishcloths using your pattern but it and that knitting are at home and my brain isn’t following along. This knitter would welcome tips.

1 Like

You are right! You do have to start a new yarn for each of the miters in the center! I’m losing my mind, obviously…sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

Correction! You DO have to cut the yarn at the end of each miter!

2 Likes

So Terri, all 4 squares the same color (shade of blue) or each square a different color?

1 Like

Knitters choice

4 Likes

I was thinking the same.

1 Like

So, who has wonderful washable worsted yarn ideas for me? I know you guys do!

1 Like

I never knew that!

I’m a big fan of cascade Aran superwash. It’s reasonably priced and has a nice range of colors. I’ve used it often for baby blankets. I like a washable yarn for moms with babies and the fire resistance of wool vs acrylic. My stash is vast and varied but I know I’ve got some somewhere. I feel like Indiana Jones and the Lost Zip Lock of superwash.

8 Likes

Thanks, Karen!

Webs valley yarn super wash is great

4 Likes

Thanks for the small giggle. I needed it today.

Please count me in for 2 or more squares!