What I'm Making

Wowza! It is beautiful! I’ve still never done a carbeth, but you may have inspired me!!!

1 Like

Hi, and first, thank you! The yarn is from Skein Yarn in Australia. From the “Colour Collection Club” in 2022 called Juniper. i don’t know if it is in the normal rotation now but it is both a beautiful color way and a joy to knit.

This is my first Tin Can Knits pattern but they seem to be sized from infant to XL adult.

I can definitely imagine making one of these for myself and my husband one day (maybe less of the “light” for him).

1 Like

Thank you! It was a fun knit.

2 Likes

I hope to go there someday. For now I’m what is known as a “Remote Goat” :joy:.

3 Likes

Wow - I REALLY don’t need to buy any more yarn for a while (probably ever if I’m honest), but Skein Yarn is a gorgeous site to browse!

Look forward to seeing the finished sweater for the lucky little one :heart:

2 Likes

Kathy, this is fabulous! Everything is right about it: the fit, color, design and, of course, the wearer! I love it and can’t wait to see it in person.

2 Likes

Thank you, Linda!

1 Like

I was inspired by the recent article on MDK, “A Moment of Kindness”. I’ve already been making tiny hearts for a couple years, to give my coworkers to put on their name badges, and everyone loves having them. Now I’m adding tags as Suzan did and I gave one to our waitress when we went out to eat today. She was so happy. :blush: They only take a couple yards of yarn and about 3 minutes each to make. Here are a few of mine, finished and tagged.

10 Likes

Beautiful sweater! I made a Ramona last year in their KAL. Cashmere Goat is my local yarn shop! Heavenly Yarn in nearby Belfast is a wonderful store, as well. I have no lack of yarny temptations!

2 Likes

I am posting an update. I ripped out the one section and redid it, but now I realized I should have kept knitting section B before I started C. The joys of being a newbie! I will probably make another one now that I kind of know what I am doing.

5 Likes

But seriously, thank you MDK for inspiring me to finally learn how to knit- and for teaching me!!

3 Likes

Oh wow this is the best news ever! You have so much fun ahead.

2 Likes

I am making the Love Story Shawl from Field Guide 26. I’m slowly making progress.

7 Likes

Hello :wave: I’m knitting a November Oak II sweater by Jennifer Brou. I need to, ‘bang this sweater out,’ in this month of March :blush:
Yarn is Kokon and is fabulous to work woth

6 Likes

That yellow is so good! Curious to try Kokon, keep seeing people talking about it.

3 Likes

Hi folks, I’m working on the Love Story shawl and all is going well but I have a question about the instructions.
Specifically, could someone please look at the pattern instructions for Row 3; it ends with “knit to last 4 sts, k2tog, yo.” What about the last 2 sts?
Row 23 ends the same way, with no further instructions. I’ve just knitted the last 2 sts.
Should this be corrected in the Corrections listings ?

1 Like

I have since made probably about 50 of these hearts. I had about 30 with me when I went to the hospital for my endoscopy this week and I gave away all but 4, mostly to staff. Everyone was so happy with them. I would love to see these kindness hearts become a viral project.

2 Likes

I think you are correct. If you look at the chart, all the rows end with k2. Looks like those two stitches were left off the instructions on those rows.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look and confirming that Jane. I assume that just knitting the last 2 stitches is ok.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re assumption would be correct. Happy knitting!

1 Like