If MDK Comments are Broken, Leave One Here

For the USPS challenge, I grew up on a farm. Weird things were delivered. One of my weird ones was the bag of pecans that came thru the mail.

Now I get books, including at times books delivered in foreign shipping bags. Well there was this sale…

JK Holloway

1 Like

The most unusual thing the USPS ever delivered to me is a box of live bugs who were promptly deployed to the yard to eat grubs. Ew.

2 Likes

Being a Yankee, I’ve never seen this before. Thank you–Kate

Oh dear, I can’t tell if this is the right place for the latest comments on the Beets letter. Suspicious that I don’t see any others… I’d better look around some more. The Lounge continues to mystify me!!

I appreciate getting the MDK NEWS! Have a great day!

I just purchased my 1st Modern Daily Knitting Field Guide. I got #18 Beginnings and it’s awsome!!
Terry in WI

2 Likes

I miss being part of the discussion I can’t get my comment button to work. I love the daily posts and the wonderful comments people make, it makes me feel that I’m part of a wonderful knitting community except now I can’t join in :frowning:

In regard to the beets - aren’t they for making yarn dye?

I hope this works. Good morning from warm Wisconsin (another 90 degree day in the offing). Hot weather still means it is knitting time, in the air conditioning. And, beets are for borscht, with a dollop of sour cream on top!

1 Like

After leaving Maine after 40 years, I headed south…Rochester Nh :slightly_smiling_face:…into the teeth of the Pandemic. Those many chats were silenced and so missed! I’m reminded that familiarity is a gift, and how important it is to be seen…and known. MDK and all hands have been a lifeline!

1 Like

I should have copied my first try in the comments section before I tried to post it! Lots going on here as the moving truck arrives Tuesday. Everything goes into storage for a couple of months while we try to find another house. As y’all probably guessed, the hardest decision was how much yarn I need to bring in the car with me. All the needles are coming since I don’t know what size I will need for next month’s Arnall-Culliford project. This month’s AC project is packed as are the MDK Lopi sweater and the sock WIP that I always have going. I am debating whether to bring my MDK Kaffe Stranded Throw. That is a lot of yarn!

I love strawberries this time of year.

I would love to win the beet red journal, I’ve journaled for over 30 years and could always use a new one, thanks for all you do, keep up the good work

1 Like

Beets are not allowed in my house since my husband decided to cook some all by himself. My kitchen was covered in little red dots–floor, countertops, cabinets–even the curtains looked as though they had measles. No more beets in my house!

1 Like

Those beets are lovely! Why I was just thinking about getting a mess for pickling or maybe just a perky salad…

1 Like

I like a roasted beet myself.

1 Like

Do the beets come with the journal? :joy:
Good morning and thanks for all you do! I miss in person chit-chatty conversations, too. What’s the latest book you’ve read? I started a book club with my friends during the pandemic and our last choice was “The Starless Sea” by Erin Morgenstern. Her rich prose inspired me to write a poem that I’d like to share here:

Stories

Listen to the story.

It is here…
In the languid bee buzz
Thick like sweet honey.
Around ripened peach fuzz
Golden and sunny.
In the sea-washed conch shell
Held up to an ear.
Lost in a binding spell,
Songs chanted and clear.
Deep in a wooded glade
Burrowed between roots.
Dark in the secret shade
where the Saw-whet hoots.
Under the rising moon,
Trailing the crescent.
Notes of a dawning tune
Urgently prescient.

To seeking.
To finding.

~Shari (irishpogue)

2 Likes

Hi there :blush:
Squeeee , a “Beet Red” Journal delightful. I keep notes for everything .
And not just to do lists , keep notes for vacations , as to what to pack for what destination, and then adjust as to want needed to be packed and wasn’t and what was packed and not needed . Christmas , menu ,gift list what needs to be knitted/made/purchased and when complete .Well you get the idea . Well enough said off to add something to the to-do-list .

1 Like

Love notes, reminder notes, chatty notes, musical notes… I love them all!
Be well,
Sara

1 Like

Re: 6/13 MDK post, I tend to add a “hi” or “thanks for what you do” comment when I order stuff & always wonder if anyone actually sees that. Glad to see you do. Also love the color of that journal & love beets, except the way my mom makes them. Sorry, Mom.

1 Like