If MDK Comments are Broken, Leave One Here

Love the journal (beets are delicious) & the revolution tote you just sent. Thank you for the care you took in packing and shipping it. Not loveing broken comments, but I do love DG’s new column. Keep em coming!

In our house, beets are purchased, then sit in the produce drawer until I eventually throw them out. At which point my husband says “oh yeah, I was going to chop that up for my salad. Will you buy me another one?”
Also, I’m very curious about the MDK beginner skills set book/pamphlet. Is it going to be available for sale? Perfect for my crafty niece.

You guys have the best customer service! My mornings have become better since discovering MDK a few years ago. It’s the first thing I look for in my inbox everyday. Thanks to everyone involved!

1 Like

My chit-chatty comment dissolved into the ether. The gist: talking is good. Thank you DG!

Re: chit chatty comments from DG’s post today:

I wore my mask with an all over Dalek print to the grocery store and the checkout guy asked me what they were. I kind of stumbled my way through “well, it’s a Doctor Who fandom kind of thing, you know, sci-fi, er, nerd stuff.” I told my dad about the interaction and he said “they’re evil alien robots.” This is an amazing skill - to be able to reply in a way that answers the question but also invites no further comment. A skill I did not inherit from him…

The USPS kept delivering an envelope to my address after I wrote “not at this address” on it. After the 3rd time it was delivered I started writing notes to the mail carrier. It cane back two more times.

About the music review of Teddy Thompson & Jenni Muldaur’s recent album. So interesting how music distribution has changed, there won’t be a CD of this, only streaming and vinyl. I enjoyed listening to what I could access and spent some time reading about the musicians, since I’m a fan of their famous parents, from way back.

We have a robin’s nest right outside the front door tucked into a large rhododendron that is at the narrowest point of the walk. At first my husband claimed that a ‘pigeon’ flew out at him (seriously, never ever has a pigeon been around these parts). The nest has three eggs and even though the robin leaves each time we leave the house, they don’t go far thus calming my fear that they will abandon those baby birds-to-be.

1 Like

I thought the beets were going to be for dying yarn. How is Opal these days? What are you knitting? Thanks for the thoughts about adding messages when ordering🙂

2 Likes

I do not eat beets but I do say silly things and turn beet-red :blush:
Say, I skipped a beet :blush:
Tx, DJ Strong :wink:

1 Like

I LOVE reading my Snippets, and following MDK! Hope to get there in person some day. In the meantime … when I mostly read email headlines and delete, I always love to stop and open comments and take the time to read DG Strong! Thanks for making many days brighter!! Oh yes, and then there are all the knitting inspirations too!!! Here I am leaving a comment too … and I never do that!!!

1 Like

My beet comment got lost :angry:. And I know it was clever :rofl:. So this is my comment :woman_shrugging:t3: I’d love to win the beet journal :notebook_with_decorative_cover:.

I need to know how to knit while camping without dragging my yarn in the mud. Tiny, useful projects!

I need you to know I wanted to removed that prickly bush years ago and replace it with a jacaranda but my husband has a fondness for ornery things.

Comments swallowed my comment, which contained the best ever recipe for beets. Equal amounts carrots and raw peeled beets, grate with the larger grater holes. Put in bowl and add one clove garlic through a press, salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar. Mix well and let sit for at least an hour. Best salad ever. I’ve fed it to two people who claimed to hate beets, and they both gave it thumbs up.

2 Likes

Well, it starts to seem less fresh and chit-chatty after trying to make it on the real comments about 5 times, but. The Farmer’s Market this weekend? There was gin? It was BROWN. Because they finished it in port casks. And I’m all, ‘yes, baby, give me port, give me gin, give me beets, i love notebooks’ but I’m also, like, ‘well, you know, like, one thing at a time here?’ Because all the things - they’re good, but not ALWAYS together. I’m 100% certain I would accept a pour of port in my empty martini glass, but maybe AFTER the martini is basically gone. I am more of a lily-gilder than a screeching toddler food-separatist - I will never forget the sundae that was warm banana bread PLUS ice cream PLUS caramel sauce PLUS hot fudge PLUS walnuts on top PLUS the walnuts were also candied. But there are limits.

Also, in the event anyone is ever ever reading this comment for advice on using beets for fiber coloring: don’t. There’s a reason there are no recipes for it in all the home-dye and natural-dye books. It isn’t colorfast. Also, also, how did my family (husband AND son) make 2 different recipes for borscht this year that called for the water the beets were boiled in but NOT the beets? Astonishing.

I really like beets, in a butter cream sauce or pickled.
Judy Anderson

Beets. Roasted, on a salad at a restaurant on PEI. Yum! But if you eat too many, beware of pink pee… it can be scary :anguished:
I almost bought that lovely journal when I placed my latest MDK order! Have a great day. :grin:

Comments on Atlas Insider weren’t working for me. Here’s my Ode to Beets:

Oh, quixotic globes of juicy joy. Why does your crimson essence live forever on my best cutting board, yet so quickly fade to gray on the scarf I actually wanted you to color?

2 Likes

This makes me laugh, as I learned to love beets once I cooked them myself!

1 Like