Marlalong! We're knitting Field Guide No. 19: Marls

Its beautiful, congratulations!

1 Like

Looks so beautiful on you!

1 Like

Stunning colors

1 Like

I am working on my Swarf in my MDK Knit-Along Chair in which I sit in the dawn hours marling away. Note the small scar on my hand. I’m almost 10 weeks out of recovery from an LRTI surgery for arthritis so I can knit pain-free - or almost so…

11 Likes

Looks very cozy! Love the rug!

1 Like

That was my last Mariko rug knit-a-long! So much fun,

1 Like

Loving that just one strip of my color explosion throw can act as a leg warmer while I knit it.

13 Likes

Yay, that you are able to continue knitting! Lovely colors!

1 Like

There are worse problems :joy: That is beautiful!

2 Likes

To knitters of the Spectra Sweater:
Has anyone noticed an error in the Spectra pattern in the first sentence of the Left Front section?
My FG says “with RS of left back facing,…”. Shouldn’t that be “with RS of RIGHT FRONT facing”? For the life of me I could not work out the way it was written in the FG or am I nuts?

1 Like

I knit my Colour Explosion out of my leftovers from Kaffe Fassett’s Kites throw. But of course I had to buy more to get enough of some of the colours I needed. And now I, too, still have a healthy bag of leftovers. But I miss having a big comfy TV watching knit on my needles. So I am thinking that maybe this is part of my future….I always need to have a throw on the go. Not only that, but it’s winter, and we seem to be in the middle of another wave of this pandemic! Maybe it’s no surprise that I find myself looking for another great pattern….to use up my felted tweed leftovers, of course!

2 Likes

It appears that this is mis-worded, and when the team has returned from their holidays, it will be confirmed and listed in the errata.
I hope that you are knitting happily on your Front!

1 Like

Ah thank you! I guess everyone else had figured it out but I was very frustrated. I couldn’t find mention of it in anyone else’s notes anywhere. Glad to know I’m now on the right track.

2 Likes

Three strips done!

7 Likes

Ah, I’ve reached a hitch. With two blocks to go on the first strip, my suspicion that I do not like the avocado colorway is proved correct. I showed it to my hubby and artistic son, and they both did not like the marling, so I’ve tinked back and ordered a different colorway to replace it. I’ll move to the next strip while waiting for my order to come in. I do love the electric green and the celadon, though, especially with marling.

2 Likes

Just getting ready to microswatch myself! I got Tvinni instead of Tynd so I hope it will block a bit softer… just preferred the color selection.

4 Likes

Finished my Marlogram cowl! I used the same two colors as shown in the Field Guide sample, but pulled from the outside of both balls. Didn’t like the pastel-ly beginning but pleased with the finished result.

10 Likes

I really like the dark edging! Nice touch.

1 Like

A game of ping pong sounds like so much fun!!

I LOVE this!!!