Marlalong! We're knitting Field Guide No. 19: Marls

The number of colors is impressive. It is a beautiful blanket.

1 Like

Reversible sounds amazing. But what about the sleeves? One red/orange/yellow and the other green/blue?

1 Like

I think I’m going to make one sleeve go with the front and the other sleeve match the back. I think lots of examples don’t have matching sleeves.

3 Likes

Just started the third marl section — this is potato-chip knitting at its finest! BTW I am using Tvinni…

9 Likes

I think that would be amazing! I can’t wait to see the finished sweater!

1 Like

What a great, yet difficult decision to have to make!

1 Like

A Swoof! What a brilliant idea! This is not a Swoof, but, my wonderful dog Rosie is almost 17 years old and she does feel the draughts in the old farm house where we live. I made her a colour explosion mini throw which she seems to like. And the alpaca naturals are a perfect match for her own coat! I think a Swoof is next!

16 Likes

Love my cushion!

2 Likes

Wowza love seeing what all you marlers are making! Makers are marling? From whichever angle, it’s all fabulous!

I have set aside my Color Explosion Throw to pick up a SWARF for the lightning-round KAL! Just now ready to start color 3… and just like Color Explosion, this is Lays Potato Chip Knitting! Just one more row… just one more segment…

Trying to post a picture here but getting denied. Can anyone give me a little tutorial? Says I can’t post as a new user.

Thanks for this fun community!

5 Likes

My neutral Swarf is coming along fabulously! Cooper loves it :wink:

13 Likes

Almost finished! I loved the expression of ‘potato chip knitting’! It really is hard to stop once you start. I changed the back a bit……because I am using 6 strands of lace weight, mine is a bit thicker and so I chose to knit a modified moss stitch for the back as it would lie flatter and not be too thick over my shoulders. I won’t really know until I block it.

11 Likes

Thanks for your beautiful inspiration!

My new morning routine: marling with kitty on lap.

11 Likes

That is beautiful! If I were asked I would probably have said that was yarn from Freia Fibers; the color change is so gradual.

1 Like

Knitting finished, need to weave in ends and block. Great project.

12 Likes

It is lovely yarn. I changed 2 strands at a time to achieve the gradient. It sure makes me admire the skill needed to dye the Freia fibres.

1 Like

Wow, that’s wonderful to see! Beautiful knitting, and you wear it well!

1 Like

I don’t think you can go wrong, either way!

1 Like

Gorgeous color combo!

1 Like

I never posted photos of my finished Spectra, so better late than never;

26 Likes