MDK Dishcloth KAL

Got a jumpstart last week!

13 Likes

These are beautiful pieces - love your color choices!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

They are gorgeous. But seriously, USE THEM!!

3 Likes

My first Ballband dish cloth ever! There will be more!

13 Likes

Where do I get the Swifer pattern?

What or where do I find the swiffer pattern please?

The original pattern for a regular Swiffer cover is on p. 138 & &139 of Ann & Kay’s second book, Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines. To make the cover for a Swiffer Max, I cast on 75 stitches. After knitting 7 rows of bricks, I divided the stitches into 29, 17, 29 to do the flaps. If you want the flaps to overlap & button, you will need to make more than 10 ridges of garter stitch. I finished mine with crochet edging with 2 loops on each flap to close the buttons.

5 Likes

See my reply to bsparr

Swiffer Max

14 Likes

So I decided to try the honeycomb broken rib brioche. I truly love it. Today I knit one while waiting for my doctor to come in and give me some results. He was very late. The only thing that saved him was I had my knitting.

I have enough Sidar Snuggly 100% cotton to make the negative to this (opposite dominate color) and a dish cloth. I love it

12 Likes

I cast on today but that’s about it. I did take my tiny bit of knitting on an adventure.

Here she is in repose in our soil garden on the Science Barge.
But she does enjoy the drama of posing in silhouette for a Hudson River sunset.

14 Likes

I forgot about the covers I made for my original, simple Swiffer using Birdy Evans’ Swiffer Re-Usable Cloth pattern.

The body is seed stitch and bobbles push into the mop head to hold it in place - and it’s reversible by pushing the bobbles through to the other side! Sometimes I dampen one a bit if it’s been a while since I gathered up the dust bunnies.

6 Likes

I want to learn the log cabin technique! Guess I’ll be buying another Field Guide!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I didn’t know there was a second book!!! Thank you

Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines-ORDERED! YAY! Thank you Heather-Marie for the info. Swiffer covers are in my future :white_check_mark:

1 Like

I looked up the rose stitch on Purl Soho…next dishcloth for me. But so far the Ballband and the Linoleum are favorites.

1 Like

So many terrific designs! I loved linoleum so paired that with a design from Purl Soho to make a set.

18 Likes

Oh my! So cool!

It’s so easy, I don’t even need the pattern anymore. I just cast on 12 stitches and let my imagination go. I’ve never been good at picking up stitches, but once I started using a 3 needle to pick up, I’m proficient now.

1 Like

Thank you MDK for starting a dishcloth topic! We’ve needed it :wink:

5 Likes