MDK Dishcloth KAL

Beautiful!

I like to just take a stitch pattern out of a stitch dictionary and make a dishcloth swatch.

6 Likes

Som late night knitting last night to finish this pair. Free pattern Grandma’s Favorite Dish Cloth. I’m going to gift them with some nice bath soap to a friend who was just diagnosed with cancer.

13 Likes

I used the Checker-Square Garter Dishcloth pattern. The gold one I made a while ago and the blue and white one is new. I’m using a ball of Sugarwheel Cotton, a gradient but the color changes are really too big for this. I wish it had changed closer to the middle of the pattern.

16 Likes

I love these! Where can I find the pattern?

1 Like

It’s a free pattern. I’ve had it for years. Here’s the website I got it from.
www.kaylaksthriftyways.com/free-knit-pattern-checker-square-garter-dishcloth

Edit for typo in website

2 Likes

Hi, This is the first time I’ve ever joined/posted to your site, although I’ve followed your website since the beginning, and have your books and field guides as well as making several projects from them. This KAL is very appropriate as I just finished 2 hand towels for our remodeled bathrooms. Hope you enjoy the photos. since I’m a new user, I can only post 1 photo at a time, so will write another post.

18 Likes

Here’s my other photo for the second hand towel. Thanks for letting me enter.

20 Likes

Finished my first Linoleum pattern dishcloth; started #2; and put them on top of my paused afghan!

10 Likes

Love these!! Can you share a pattern link?

First dishcloth ever!

16 Likes

8 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks, Deanna! PS-I’m not so good at social media so my previous post that just said “Thank you” should have been a reply to Deanna!

Here’s my Putting Up dishcloth

10 Likes

Pattern is from a booklet by Leisure Arts, 3676, called Love to Knit Dishcloths.

1 Like

These dishcloths are waiting to be given away to charity or to my kids as theirs wear out. I made many dishcloths during Zoom meetings in the last couple of years.

14 Likes

Even an experienced knitter can practice picking up a dropped stitch on the most simple of knitting!

7 Likes

You are welcome. I’m not sure that link works. I’m not super good with posting.

Wow, there are some real beauties here, and some fun patterns to try.

Here’s the one I’m obsessed with at the moment–Laura Aylor’s Lizard Ridge dishcloth. I did a little pregaming with some cotton yarn scraps a friend gave me.

56ABBC4B-4EA8-4E4E-995D-D4AFA474A206_small2

17 Likes