Summer of Wandering Socks KAL

So funny. Can do sweaters more easily than socks!

4 Likes

Wayyyyyyy too complicated for me!

3 Likes

I am just at the heel and thinking the same thing, Stephanie. But this too shall pass! Looking forward to …the foot!

3 Likes

Yes, pls do!!

2 Likes

I had already decided that this would be a sock summer. This makes it even more fun! I prefer toe up two at a time. I have finished two pair already. Ordered the Field Guide and looking forward to knitting more.

6 Likes

Here is half of the cast on for the first sock, and all of the cast on for the second top-down sock.

I’ve magic looped the second (full cast on)sock top and am completing the final half of the first sock.

Ready to work both socks at a time.

When you get to the heel you will need to work all of one, and then all of the other before proceeding to the foot. Happy Knitting.

17 Likes

Alternating Slipped Stitch toe-up.

When you do 2 at a time, simply cast on one toe and then the other with a second ball or the other end. I’m actually working from the double strand of the sock blank (which has been unraveled, steamed to de-kink and wound into a cake).

15 Likes

Thank you for pics and description Nell👍🏻 looks simple enough (hahaha!)

4 Likes

you can do it!

3 Likes

Yahooo!!! Just ordered Field Guide No. 11…with the intent of knitting down some of my stash this summer!

8 Likes

I have to wait until the end of the month to get my Field Guide. I like the price of the digital version but would love to get all of the field guides in print. Collecting knitting books is way safer than collecting glass knic-nacks, right? Digital vs print…decisions, decisions…

6 Likes

Just ordered the Field Guide. I love a hard copy and can hardly wait to browse the patterns and pick the perfect one to join in on the KAL!

7 Likes

I went for the print as well…and intend to start collecting the first ten field guides. So excited to get going. I love sock knitting! The first pair I knit from the book will likely be from yarn from the stash, but really would like to try a couple of the yummy yarns rhis summer.

4 Likes

I’m in! I have about 6 skeins of sock yarn that I’ve been waiting to get started on! I’m buying the paperback and the downloading the ebook so I can get started tonight!

8 Likes

I’m going to try this - my first KAL!! I have knitted socks in the past, but it was the long-ago past. I just bought the ebook, and since I’m already trying to learn to knit two-at-a-time (cuff down), this is the perfect venue to speed me along. Yahoooooo!!

6 Likes

I’m in. But I have to decide which yarn from my stash to use. And I really should finish the sleeve of my Bottom Line Pullover first. I am almost finished.

4 Likes

I’m here cheering you on. Im committed to finishing bottom line before casting on socks.

6 Likes

With the hard copy you get access to digital as well. I like having both.

7 Likes

I am finally more experienced than someone at knitting something, lol! From having knitted two whole pair of socks in the last 18 months. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I peeked online at the field guide and put myself in a holding pattern noodling over needle size - US 2 doesn’t equal 2.5mm in my world!!
My other socks in my “vast” experience I knitted magic loop with the divine Chiaogoo red lace cables. Considering trying the Addi Flexiflips once I can settle on what size to order!
I enjoyed toe-up construction and using Judy’s magic cast on made such a nice, sewing-free toe that I don’t think I can give it up!
I’m looking forward to my Spud and Chloé lipstick red (saucy, right?) fiber arrival and trying an all-over pattern for the first time!!

10 Likes

Ok sock gurus. For a man with a 10.5 shoe size (American) what size sock do you typically knit?

5 Likes