Summer of Wandering Socks KAL

I’ve knit quite a few pairs of socks, but only one was toe-up. I’m thinking that I’ll try toe-up again with this pair…

4 Likes

I had that same question about needle size. I don’t do a gauge swatch for socks, so would like to know if the pattern really means US 2 (2.75 mm) or 2.5 mm which in my DPN set is US1. Thanks!

5 Likes

I’m joining for my first pair of socks and a trip to see my parents lined up perfectly for it! Is it better to start with a cuff down sock first?

2 Likes

I’m with you. The only pair over made that sorta kinda fits were 2 at a time your up. Two sets of circular needles, NOT magic loop.

1 Like

Thanks for the pictures and instructions for two at a time. I used a Turkish cast on the last time I did the toe up two at a time…

2 Likes

When I make socks for my husband (size 11 wide), I knit cuff down and cast on 72 stitches. I looked on Ravelry and it appears that most of his socks have been knit on Size 2 needles. I knit two two-at-a-time on two circulars, which is easier for me than juggling DPNs.

6 Likes

Received my Wanderlust book along with 2 skeins of beautiful yarn: Barnyard Knits ‘Monarch Meadow’ and Neighborhood Fiber Co ‘Nekst’. Can’t wait for Monday!

7 Likes

Thank you. My only attempts were one at a time on 2 circulars. That worked fine.

1 Like

I just got my yarn in the mail! Neighborhood Fiber Co. in Banksy! This will be my first pair of knitted socks. I crocheted a pair many years ago. Now to read through the field guide and choose a pattern.

5 Likes

I just received my field guide, and this is hands down the best one so far! I love all the possible combinations in one handy little book that will easily fit in my knitting bag. It already feels like my best knitting purchase ever, and I haven’t even started using it yet! I’m really torn about the KAL, though. I just cast on a pair of socks before this came out, and I hate to ditch them for something more exciting. But I really want to try out some of these stitch patterns…tough decision.

9 Likes

My field guide got here yesterday
…decided on toe up, which is not my go to method. Doing the right diagonal rib pattern
Update pics later. This is fun!

5 Likes

I ordered my Field Guide and yarn this afternoon. Looking forward to getting both!

4 Likes

I can’t wait to get started! Hopefully, everything arrives tomorrow.

5 Likes

Oh man. This is hard! I feel like I’m wrestling an octopus with these DPNs.

4 Likes

I have not knit a lot of socks but for those I have, and mitts and sleeves, I find two circular needles far easier to manage.

4 Likes

I’m off to look that up right now!

2 Likes

not alot of progress today but loving the stitch pattern! They may be a little loose on me so they are gift drawer bound, but that means I get the next pair. Still knitting tonight…

16 Likes

This is my first adventure with socks! My yarn and field guide just arrived… and so did my first question. I ordered 1 skein per PAIR of socks. Will each skein knit 2 socks? !!

5 Likes

Typically, yes, but not always. Which yarn?

1 Like

I’m so excited for this KAL!! I’m out of town right now but expect my field guide to be there upon my return later today. I can’t wait!!

7 Likes