What I'm Making

I’m really loving the Noro color shifts in this pattern. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Inspiring! This is in my queue for Spring 2024.

1 Like

The Albers shawl is such a great pattern. My plan was to have it finished and wear it Christmas Eve but it is such a favorite knit I am just knitting on and on. :yarn: I can’t seem to bind it off !

1 Like

I was in a Christmas fugue state getting these done. Barley hats for my niece’s in-laws.

I added in some mystery treats.

And then packed them up for traveling.

To complete the candy theme, there’s also a Whitman’s Sampler tucked in the bag. It wouldn’t be Christmas without it!

8 Likes

The last bit of Christmas knitting dried in time! My coworker brought back this beautiful alpaca from her trip to Peru. It made the perfect Sophie Scarf for my mom’s first denim jacket.

And I do like a good bow.

9 Likes

The Shima Shima shawl! I finished part A, and need to begin part B. I am still a beginner at knitting, so I’m trying to read the pattern multiple times before I start.
Would love to see some photos of how it looks at different stages!

7 Likes

Oh I’m so jealous—I really want to make this. I bet if you check the Ravelry pattern page for Shima Shima and click on Projects, you’ll see other knitters’ works in progress. It’s a puzzle to me, how Olga designed this shawl.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh! Thank you! I didn’t even think about looking at that.

2 Likes

I’m starting this for the new year. I have several single skeins of Kidsilk Haze that I hope will look fabulous together. (I think it will make a perfect “air conditioning” shawl–will squeeze down into a tiny space, ready to pull out if a restaurant or theater has cranked the AC. With a mini-umbrella also in my bag, I’ll be prepared for anything.)

4 Likes

Oh you’re gonna love it. Just be patient, the end result is a gossamer forever thing!

2 Likes

Patience will definitely be necessary, but hopefully progress will be faster now that I have completed what I think of as the Ritual of the Three Cast Ons. (In this case, the cast-ons were: Old German–too tight; Lace Cast-On–too loose; Old German on needles 3 times larger than the final needle–just right!) I now have take-along knitting for (probably) all of 2024.

4 Likes

I’m knitting the Mystery Cowl 2023 by Shaina Bilow. The yarn is Clinton Hill Cashmere Bespoke DK. Great pattern! Easy to follow!

5 Likes

FINISHED!!!

I opted to block it flat, to take out some curling edges, before sewing the ends together.

My modelling skills may need work.

10 Likes

About to “officially” start a KAL in a few days — multiple knitters knitting one (or more!) of 4 versions of Kate Davies’ CarBeth sweater! I’m knitting the Carp-Beth, much like the original CarBeth with a raised/twisted stitch sleeve and yoke pattern. Knitting in Quince & Co Owl held double to make a bulky weight. Got a headstart on my sleeves. Much angst trying to understand the pattern increases but I think I finally got it.

4 Likes

I love it, and your color choices!

1 Like

I’ve still not done Carbeth, but the pullover is on my “someday, maybe” list

Oh wow that turned out so cool! Noro really is the coolest, always surprising. Happy new year!

2 Likes

You should check out the KAL. Sponsored by The Cashmere Goat in Maine.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!!!

2 Likes

I slipped down a rabbit hole and found a pattern Franklin Habit found and shared: Flo the Elephant. What a fun project! A friend has visited a camp for orphaned elephants in Africa so thought she would like a baby of her own.

19 Likes